The Texas Boys Choir is a treble-voice boychoir located in Fort Worth, Texas. Since its founding in 1946 by George Bragg, the Texas Boys Choir has grown from a mere twenty-six voices to a choral program consisting of close to one hundred boys.
George Bragg founded the choir as the Denton Civic Boys Choir School in 1946 with 37 boys. The tuition for students including room, board, instruction, voice and piano lessons was $1,200 per year. The choir changed its name to the Texas Boys Choir in 1957 to better represent its broad draw of membership from around Texas. In September 1957 the choir moved to Fort Worth, where the majority of its members were from. By 1958 the choir had traveled more than 50,000 miles through 25 states and Mexico. On the morning of Nov. 22, 1963, the choir sang at the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth for President and Mrs. John F. Kennedy, several hours before his assassination. Mr. and Mrs. F. Howard Walsh, donated the choir's longtime home in Fort Worth in 1971. The choir's founder and longtime conductor George Bragg left the choir in 1975.